This shoot is based around the beautiful Lula de la Falaise. I'm guessing, that like me at first, you are querying who Lula de la Fraise was? She was a fashion muse and designer of fashion, accessories, and jewellery associated with Yves Saint-Laurent.
A little bit of background of Lula
- Daughter of an Fashion Model -she too had a dabble in NY at modelling for the likes of Vogue
- Designed printed fabrics for Halston
- junior editor at the British society magazine 'Queen'
-this is where she befriend Saint Laurent
- Close friend to the creative director of YSL, she designed for there haute-couture firm (1972)
- Unique eccentric style were reflected which her works, producing often-chunky designs incorporating large colourful stones, enamel work or rock crystal
- 2002, Saint Laurent retired, and so after three decades of designing Jewellery and accessories she launched her own fashion business, designing ready-to-wear, costume-jewellery, and accessories
- The clothing line's captured much of her rare and individual style. Her signatures included tailored blazers (using English tweeds), French Sailor pants, striped silk blouses with black lace edging to add extra flare, masculine walking coats with fur linings, and fabulous knits in her selective colour schemes.
PHOTOGRAPHER: DAVID SCHOFIELD
STYLIST: NATASHA HAGAN