Saturday 14 July 2012

Which Wand Will You Chose?

Mascara Masacre

I'm sure we have all been there; buying a new mascara that has such claims that you think your eyelashes will transform to long luscious lengthens, with volume that would compete with your iPod docking station. Yet the moment we have finished applying we look up in disappointment, the claims were false, and now your left with another medico mascara.

I for one hate this feeling, and so I thought I would give you my opinion on a few mascaras out there in my efforts to save you from their charms of the cosmetics world.

MASCARA ONE
Rimmel - ScandalEyes
Rating ★☆☆☆☆

I was highly disappointed with this mascara!
I had high hopes due to its huge brush that my eyelashes would become thick with huge volume however, in reality it just became a pain. The brush is that big that the mascara goes everywhere; result major use of cotton buds to clean up the offending area.


RIMMEL
SCANDELEYES
£6.99

"I WOULD STAY CLEAR OF THIS ONE
-DEFINITELY NOT WORTH YOUR PENNIES"


MASCARA TWO
Mabelline - The Colossal Volum' Express
Rating ★★★☆☆

A few years ago this was my champion mascara however, times have changed and products have improved. The brush is fab for bottom eyelashes but I don't get the desired volume or length to my top lid. The product also has a strong smell, its not awful but you can smell the colossal!

MAYBELLINE
THE COLOSSAL VOLUM' EXPRESS

"GOOD GENERAL ALL ROUNDER BUT NOT THE WOW FACTOR"


MASCARA THREE
Mabelline - The One by One Volum' Express
Rating ★★★★☆

This has got to be one of my pure favs! Its comb-like brush prevents clogging of the eyelashes whilst coating each individual lash, the effect: a full lash line ladies! Slight down side -I not overly keen on how it leaves my bottom lashes, they look a bit fake.

MAYBELLINE
THE ONE BY ONE VOLUM' EXPRESS
£8.49

"ONE OF MY SECURITY BLANKET MASCARAS
-NEVER FAILS TO PERFORM"


MASCARA FOUR
Benefit - They're Real!
Rating ★★★★☆

This little wand has got to be my best over £10 mascara I have tried. In the past I have used mascara from the likes of Clinique and Estee Lauder and have always found they are such a disappoint, hence the switching back to high street bands. This one however has lived up to the rumours. Yes my lashes do appear longer, and with the right wiggle movement I can pull them up to look picture perfect! The wand has a spiky ball at the end which makes it perfect to build up the thickness, but also to attack those bottom lashes.

BENEFIT
THEY'RE REAL
£18.50
"LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!"



MASCARA FIVE
COLLECTION 2000 - Skyscraper
Rating ★★★☆☆

I made this buy on a bit of a wim. I checked the brush out and thought it looked similar to my fav Mabelline mascara yet, was half the price. I was not wrong. It shares similar traits and finishes to the 'One by One' mascara although I must admit it isn't quite as good. But if your on a budget and after refined lengthened lashes then this one is for you!

COLLECTION 200
SKYSCRAPER
£4.99

"WHEN THE PIGGY BANK IS RUNNING LOW THIS IS DEFINITELY A STEAL"


MASCARA SIX
Rimmel - Lash Accelerator
Rating ★☆☆☆☆

This mascara was just awful from the word go. It promises to help your lashes grow, I saw no improvements. When applied is glopped my eyelashes together, it looked like I had about 4 eyelashes per lid. It also is very messy and would leave print marks around my eyes, which unfortunately for me I never seemed to notice until the end of the day -highly embarrassing especially when you are trying to give Mr.Beautiful the eye. The only positive from this mascara is that the brush makes it easy to apply to bottom lashes.

MAYBELLINE
THE ONE BY ONE VOLUM' EXPRESS
£8.99

"BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT"


MASCARA SEVEN
No7 - Lash Adapt
Rating ★★★.5☆☆

Not usually a No7 voucher but armed with a £5 voucher I was quick to give there new mascara a whirl. At first I was super happy with this product. It gave fab results; long voluminous and thick eyelashes. However, after a few weeks the mascara started to dry up. I found this problem also occurred with their liquid eyeliner.

No7
LASH ADAPT
£12.50

"FAB TO START WITH BUT NEEDS REPLACING QUICKLY"

THE WINNERS

And those worthy of Harry Potter Wand Approval

On a budget?
MAYBELLINE
THE ONE BY ONE VOLUM' EXPRESS
£8.49


Can afford a few extra pounds...



BENEFIT
THEY'RE REAL
£18.50

Final Words...

I'm still waiting to find my true mascara hero.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS USE AND LOVE!!



Mucho Loves,

bb, xoxo


TOPTIP: WHEN BUYING A MASCARA DO NOT MAKE YOUR DECISION SOLELY ON AN ADVERT YOU HAVE SEEN. YES KATE MOSS MAY LOOK GORGE WITH EYELASHES TO DREAM OF HOWEVER, LOOK CLOSER AT THE AD AND YOU WILL SEE THE SMALL PRINT: MODEL HAS LASH INSERTS!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...