Wednesday 19 December 2012

End of My First Semester...


BEJESUS WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

Four Months? What a ridic figure! Has it really been that long since I have posted? What a crime! and in-fact I feel ashamed! Is it acceptable to blame my litch (literally) jam packed sched (schedule) and my lack on updates? From this day forward I am going to set a task to blog at least once a week, and shall take on such advice as I gained from some AMAZING fashionistas and shall set a set time and day to update. I'm thinking on a friday at 7pm, after all friday is the start of the weekend and what better more to set you guys up for a fab update on all things beautiful?

THE BREAK DOWN ON WHAT I HAVE NEGLECTED TO KEEP YOU INFORMED OF...

  • My AMAZING work experience from LFW'end 
I worked along side other fashionistas, and got to experience (and sneaky peek,) behind the scenes of this glorious event! I absolutely LOVED my long weekend down in London, and as expected it only confirmed my want to work there!! 

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEKEND:
    -seeing the lovely Henry Holland tucking into his lunch 
(I some how managed to fight the temptation to run over and ask for a photo)
    -nearly winning a gorge scarf by Mary Katrantzou
I litch missed about by an arm of snatching this prize, and yes I had to fight the tears
    -receiving invaluable tips from the industry insiders
huffington post, catwalk queen blogger, 
    -speaking to those in the know behind the brands or even fellow under grads who are that one step ahead and on the placement of there dreams

AND ofc..
    -Meeting some beautiful people! I came away from this weekend not only more in love with the industry, place and in's and out's of the fashion world, but also with a new found burst of energy and excitement to make it happen. I know I want to be apart of it and have a new found fight to make it to where I want to be!

  • Volunteered at Liverpool Fashion Week 
My time volunteering here may have been short lived, after a few days I decided this was not an event I wanted to be associated with as it wasn't the most professional run/fashion inspired event. However, I did manage to work alongside an amazing company called 'PrettyLittleThing'. This is a sister brand to the well known boohoo online affordable fashion site. The stylist behind the brand was truly lovely! and definitely had an eye for putting together the hottest, now and future trends! I would definitely recommend you guys cheap out this brand!

  • Mary and Millie 
If you have graced my blog before, you would have seen some of my posting about this label. Its ethos is to supple beautiful fashion at affordable prices! They hard work, sourcing all the hottest pieces of the season giving you unique yet on beat pieces. Since I last posted I have continued to do a little bit of modelling here and there, but also struct my stuff down a catwalk organised to raise money for a local charity. 
Check out M&M via
Facebook search Mary and Millie
Twitter @MaryandMillie
or source out their pieces on 
ASOS the marketplace go onto the marketplace and search 'Mary & Millie'

  • University Showcases
Back at uni means jumping on board to as many events as possible! This has lead to being involved in photoshoots for fellow students (photography, styling, promotion..). I love love love love getting involved in as many things going on as possible, which is part of the reason as to why I find it hard to find a spare minute to communicate back to you guys.. however, this SHALL change in the New Year as I have missed you guys!

  • The Secret Project
One of my most exciting bits of announcements has to be, working alongside a handful of other Uclan students, to design a new baby sling. Yes I know how random this must sound, but cutting a long story short the university were approached by an existing baby sling company, and asked to help generate new ideas to revamp the existing product. In the space of just over a month, all steam ahead, we managed to meet the brief and I am proud to say the product should be available on the shelves next year! Woo woo!!!! Keep your eyes peeled for more on this.. ;)


THE PHOTO DIARIES...

    break down of my events in a few simple photographs

    MARY AND MILLIE'S CUTE HEAD PIECE

    A GROWN-UP SHOOT
    PHOTOGRAPHY BY ALEXANDRA PAYNE



    UCLAN FASHION SHOW
    SHOWCASING THE AMAZING STYLING OF
    THE 'PARADE' FASHION TEAM

    MARY AND MILLIE SHOOT


    FANTASY
    FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOT
    PHOTOGRAPHY: AMIE TOWLAND
    MODELS: LEFT (ME HEHE)
    RIGHT SCREWPS BLUE-JAYNE SHARPLES
    MUA: LAURA HENDERSON


    UCLAN FASHION SHOW
    SHOWCASING THE AMAZING STYLING OF
    THE 'PARADE' FASHION TEAM

    HEAD SHOT OF A MOUSE

    MARY AND MILLIE SHOOT
    CLUTCH
    SNOOD
    VELVET DRESS
    (ALL OF WHICH ARE ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST)

    FROM THE PREVIOUS LONDON TRIP
    ROCK AND ROLLA

    I LIKE TO PLAY WTH MAKEUP.

    MARY AND MILLIE SHOOT




    In the space of one posting I have attempted to catch you back up with the in's and out's of 'The Life of Beccy' looks like I may have to out the film on hold for next year… suggestion of actresses ?

    Muchos Smiles, 
    bb, xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...